Saturday, January 24, 2009

My Most Memorable experience

okay, so I was just going through some of my old papers I wrote for projects, school, and other random occasions and I found this one I wrote in High School. I don't know if this really is my most memorable experience, but it's kinda cool.



One of the most memorable experiences of my life would have to be when I was told that I could do well in art. It was Thursday evening in September 2004 and my dad and I had just cleaned up after our first oil painting workshop, we had cleaned off our palettes and packed everything in a toolbox to carry around. We then carefully carried our pictures and the box to where we were to pay the lady.
As we paid the lady for the workshop she criticized our work. She told my dad a few things he needed to work on but overall, his picture looked great. She looked at my picture, which had been a still life of a tall bottle and some apples. She was impressed that I could get a picture to turn out so well when I had never painted or drawn before this year. She told me that if I kept painting I could be really good someday.


This statement surprised me, I didn’t think I could be good but this lady said I could she had learned from some of the best artists and knew exactly what she was talking about. I thought about this statement for some time, and then decided to switch to another high school where I could get one of the best educations in art. At Rigby, where I was before, they didn’t have a very good art program and I had heard that Bonneville had sent out some of the best artists around.
I switched schools to where I have learned so much about art and how to do it in the half a year that I have been in Bonneville. I’ve learned about all the mediums that you can and I like them all a lot. I can’t wait to learn more about art and magnify my talent in art I then hope to use my knowledge and talent in art to help make the world a better place.


I think it's funny how I don't meantion that the teacher at Bonneville was my dad, so I'm guessing this paper was for an art competition. I won one art competition in High School and got second in another, over all I won $600 which I though was pretty cool. I started going into art in college but I didn't like how the classes took all the fun out of drawing and painting so I've switched to Computer Information Technology.

1 comment:

  1. Im not sure this is what you wanted me to do. but your blog looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete